Temporary Spousal Support

By Schonauer Law on Sep 18, 2019 at 09:05 AM in What Does it Mean, Legal Questions, What to do?

Temporary Spousal Support

Once a petition for dissolution has been filed, and before final adjudication, the court may order temporary spousal support (pendente lite) to either spouse in an amount necessary for the support of the other spouse.  While the court must evaluate one spouses need for support and the other spouses ability to pay support, the court will generally rely on Guideline support.

Guideline support is typically determined by statute and calculated using a computer program that determines Guideline support.  A court may deviate upward or downward from Guideline depending on individual circumstances, but rarely does.

If you need temporary spousal support until full resolution of your dissolution, or are facing an order to pay spousal support, the Law Office of Paul E. Schonauer is available to assist with your needs.

If you are contemplating filing for dissolution, it is important to be informed about all of your options going forward.  Please contact my office to discuss your options moving forward.